[lit-ideas] Re: anchors

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:29:46 -0800

It's the passing of that second generation of anchors, but in a way, it's also
the end of
anchors (the first generation was Cronkite and Huntley/Brinkley).

News junkies certainly don't go to the Big Three networks anymore for the news.
CNN uses
no-name speakers with perfect hair.

The real source for news now is the web. Josh Marshall's pix at his blog is the
anti-anchor:
sleepy and dishelveled. Most of my news comes from sites where there is no
anchor or persona
at all.

yrs,
andreas