[lit-ideas] Re: airline travel question

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:12:29 -0700

on 8/1/04 3:03 PM, Robert Paul at Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Southwest Airlines has a very good website.<
>
> Could be. But I'd rather fly the old Sovoflot than their cattle cars. I'm sure
> some people have had good experiences with them, but I never have. Crowded,
> noisy, no service (well, they advertise that, don't they?) no reserved seats,
> flight attendants who are auditioning to be stand-up comics.

People at Straker's wake were talking about a new Canadian airline.  The
flight attendants pick two teams to roll toilet paper from the front of the
aircraft to the back, and then to ravel it up.  Whichever side of the plane
the winners represent, deplanes first.

Personally I think airlines haven't sufficiently explored the possibility,
at least on transatlantic flights, of lining the aisles with turf and
selling grazing rights to shepherds.  All that wasted space with no warm
bodies in it.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon