[lit-ideas] Re: agnotology

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:22:43 -0400

The reason I think my husband ought to remove the trash from the kitchen is
that every bit of food that comes into the house is shopped for, planned meals
around such, prepares same and serves it in an appetizing way.  This seems to
me to be fair.  All our other waste baskets are removed and cleaned by me.
He, however, is totally in charge of yellow paint.

The thing that I would like to know, but almost never do, is when I leave the
house by myself whether or not I closed the garage door.  This however, is only
peripherally about knowing or not knowing.  It's the consequence of free
floating anxiety.  So, frequently, I leave, go a quarter of a mile or less,
turn around and look.  Then, I know that I know.  Am I still missing an "I
know?"  I don't know.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI