[lit-ideas] Re: a must see

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:11:58 -0500

I've been a devotee of Dylan since 1965 when I discovered The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan album (which came out in 1963). I've always loved the caterwaulic quality in his voice, it sounded real as opposed to artifice, but of course it was just a much artifice as Johnny Mathis's voice. I didn't know that until he came out with Nashville Skyline with a reinvented his voice. And in Love and Theft he presents yet another. The main reason I fell in love with Dylan was the The Freewheelin' album cover. He looked so protest poet perfect walking down that snow covered New York Street in his brown suede jacket with a beautiful woman on his arm. "Oh, yeah," I said, "that's me!" It was probably about 20 years later before I saw in him concert here in Memphis and realized just how me he was -- he's a short dude!! Us short guys gotta stick together. You know how it is.

Mike Geary
very short on time
in Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stone" <pas@xxxxxxxx>