[lit-ideas] Re: a distant jargoning

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:00:32 +0100 (BST)

I'm sorry, Chris, to mention TV series you won't have seen!  I'd noticed you
saw Dalziel/Pascoe on Youtube but assumed, simply, that was because it was no
longer on TV. Youtube is a godsend.

The BBC will at some stage make the IPlayer more widely available, I assume --
it's already an IPad app -- and then, you may have a dilemma... The internet
and TV already begin to blend, for me, as I've discovered web-streamed concerts
at ZDF and the Guardian's opera webcasts.

For some years I lived with a TV but without watching it (I was let off the
licence fee because it wasn't connected), and didn't miss it, but I'm hooked
again now. I have cable TV with a PVR -- because it's cheap bundled with cable
broadband, which is the only decent broadband I can get -- and don't regret it.

I'm afraid you're right, The History Man isn't on Youtube.

Bradbury and Wilson indeed had some wonderful students.

I love "folded flock of sheep".

I seem to recall really liking An Unofficial Rose.

Judy Evans, Cardiff