[lit-ideas] Re: Zeitgeister

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:43:36 +0000 (GMT)

Alex Bogusky has commented on this, beginning

" Alex Bogusky Tells All: He Left the World's Hottest Agency to Find His
Soul(This
is Bob's favorite trick. Make up a headline that creates context that
is completely fabricated from thin air. They did it with the "Can this
Dude Make Microsoft Cool?" headline. Even though nobody at CPB ever had
as a mission to make Microsoft cool. And as much as they tried to get
us to talk about that, we refused. But they made it the story anyway.
It's a good trick. In this case I never said I was looking for my soul.
My soul is in the pocket of my favorite jeans. What I said I was doing
was working to get my genuine voice back. Not as cool as a dude missing
his soul I guess.)"

annotated interview text follows

http://alexbogusky.posterous.com/

Judy Evans, Cardiff