[lit-ideas] Zardari, Obama and Bill Ayers

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 19:59:17 -0700

Julie,

If you are finding Asif Ali Zardari disturbing because of his questionable
ability to remember things ? maybe when he wants to blow something up he
won?t be able to find the button.

But aren?t you worried about Obama?  His ongoing unrepentant friendship with
Bill Ayers, a former member of the weather underground (but now a
?respected? Left Wing college professor), who in his book Unrepentant Days,
wrote that he wished he?d bombed more things, is alarming to some of us.
<http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2008/02/obamas-bill-ayers-problem.html>
http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2008/02/obamas-bill-ayers-problem.html
<http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=8344>
http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=8344

Lots of Leftist people here on Lit-Ideas take comfort in Obama?s being on
the Left, but those Leftist guys are the ones that invented a lot of the
anti-American conspiracy theories that the Islamists have borrowed.   Did
you read the entire article you posted?   ?71 per cent of Pakistanis oppose
co-operating with the US in counterterrorism and 51 per cent oppose fighting
the Taliban at all, according to a June Gallup poll.  The vast majority of
Pakistan?s 190 million people may not like the Taliban, but they dislike the
US and what is seen as its proxy army even more.  Even within the army there
are rebels who object to being forced to kill their own people.  The
majority of the population is also deeply opposed to what it sees as a
foreign occupation in Afghanistan, with more than 80 per cent favouring a
negotiated settlement and withdrawal.?

I know the knee-jerk Leftists will say all that bad press is Bush?s fault.
I?ve read that bad press.  It is straight out of Ali Maududi?s  play book.
There is a tremendous Islamist influence in Pakistan and there has been
before Bush took office.  One of Sayyid Qutb?s intellectual ancestors was
Ali Maududi who founded the major Islamist organization in what became
Pakistan.  The Taliban came from it.  The travelled from Pakistan into
Afghanistan. The anti-West, pro-Islamist sentiment was there before Bush
took office and it has remained there.

Yes the majority of the Pakistanis have adhered to Islamist teachings.  I?m
concerned about what Obama is adhering too.  Wasn?t Bill Ayers one of
Obama?s mentors?  See:  <http://thehive.modbee.com/?q=node/9639>
http://thehive.modbee.com/?q=node/9639

?. . . While the likes of the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, NBC,
CBS, CNN and other news organizations have their reporters digging for dirt
on Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin, John McCain's choice for vice president, their
savior-in-waiting Barack Obama is getting a free ride at the expense of
truth.

It's no secret that the denizens of America's newsrooms want Obama sitting
in the Oval Office, but Americans are being purposely duped by the Democrat
National Committee's volunteer publicists, formerly known as the mainstream
news media. . . .?

Jim Kouri then goes on to quote from Bill Ayers rap sheet.  Kouri ends with
a 2001 quote from Ayers: "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do
enough." Ayers is quoted in a New York Times article.?

Kouri adds a note to the end of his article: ?Message to the News Media:
Instead of trying to dig up dirt on Sarah Palin, why don't you cover in
depth stories such as the Obama-Ayers relationship just for starters. If you
need more leads for stories regarding Senator Obama and other unsavory
characters, contact me at this publication.?

 <http://jimkouri.us/> Jim Kouri, CPP is currently fifth vice-president of
the National Association of Chiefs of Police and a staff writer for the New
Media Alliance.?

I know Mike Geary will hate me for this note.  Here he?s gotten religion
after all these years and I am casting aspersions upon his god.

Lawrence Helm

www.lawrencehelm.com