[lit-ideas] Re: You Tube of Ayers speaking

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

They're basically making the same argument that Robert Kagan makes in Dangerous
Nation.  Do you contest that we're a violent country?  How do you explain
Vietnam? Iraq? WWI?  The Spanish American War was a set up.  All the fake
'revolutions' the CIA set up in Central America and other places in favor of
corporations under the guise of communism.  If we're so peace loving, why do we
fight so much for so little reason or provocation or result?  What  do you
think of this interview by Bill Moyers of U.S.. Army Colonel Andrew Bacevich?
Think Bacevich is anti-American?  Anything sound familiar?

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/08152008/watch.html

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 3:00 AM

Right.  When I listened to this, I realized that I?d heard it all before from
you and Mike.   You both probably like everything she says.  And she?s not
violent anymore which is even better.

Lawrence

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] You Tube of Ayers speaking
To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 5:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNzYDnlpBDc&feature=related

Here is Bill Ayers speaking at a gathering on November 30th 2007.   It was sent
to me by a lurker.

Lawrence