[lit-ideas] Re: You People Are Crazy [was: Tune and Turn Off - Panic Attacks]

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 15:43:00 -0400

Psychiatrists (a bogus profession in my opinion, an offshoot of pharma),
psychologists and therapists don't get involved in value judgments.  They
also don't solicit people to come to them.  People voluntarily go to them
when they're unhappy enough to do something about it, or when they're
referred involuntarily by the justice system.  The original question, why
inappropriate behavior, is the cognitive/emotional dissonance and
disconnection part.  A therapist by definition is going to support you, not
your behavior necessarily, but you, no matter what.  Like a good parent, a
good therapist will 'love' you no matter what.

Panic Attacks]