[lit-ideas] Re: Yay!

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 01:17:27 EDT

I vaguely remember math. My last math class was in 7th grade.  The  first "C"
I ever received.  They kept telling me to memorize formulas and I  wanted to
know why an how they worked.  They were rabidly opposed to  explications.
Memorization of formulas was the key to a good grade.

I do, however, adore irrational numbers.

Julie Krueger
If there is no possible square root of a negative number and yet square
roots of negative numbers are used in math formulas which the engineering  on
which my appliances are reliant which causes them to function.......   Sort of
Dali crossed w/ Magrittte.  Ya gotta love it.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Yay!  Date: 7/5/06
11:33:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EH:
>  It's
> such a shame I have  to learn twelve years of math before I leave :(

Maybe now you'll pay more  attention to your elders, all of whom told you so
many long years ago.   But I doubt it.

Mike Geary
Memphis