[lit-ideas] Re: Yay!

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:10:17 -0400

I was in Glasgow in 2001 or 2002. I happened to be in the Huntington Museum there and saw a wedding photography session. I took pictures of the picture taking from the gallery above the great hall. Splendid place. Splendid affair. The women were beautiful and the men wore kilts. Have a great time...(good thing you had those lessons in how to drink Scotch. Sorry I missed that weekend. I had the inclination back when Walter first mentioned it, but lost track of the time and place.)
Ursula

Erin Holder wrote:

One of my best friend's is getting married (she moved to London two years ago but her fiance is from Scotland and so they're having the wedding in a little town just outside of Glasgow - can't remember the name). Of course, she has to be getting married at a time when I'm most busy and most destitute, but hell, I'll go anyway. Hopefully she'll only get married once, and if there's another one, it will be some place a little more local.

Erin
Toronto

Quoting Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Lucky girl! That's great! Scotland is great. (Although Loch Lomond is really just a big lake -- of which we have plenty right here in Ontario.) If you like history, check out New Lanark. What's the occasion? Ursula (colour me envious...)

Erin Holder wrote:

I'm goin' to Scotland!  Wohoo!

Erin
Toronto