[lit-ideas] YOU'RE MORE WRONG THAN I AM. NO, YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE. NO, YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE. NO, YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE. NO, YOU ARE. NO YOU ARE.

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:14:51 -0500

I have always enjoyed both Eric's and Omar's posts.  I find both usually very
illuminating.  I wish though they'd stop butting heads and beating their chests
and get back to argumentation.  Both are wrong most of the time, btw, but
that's for another post or rather many posts.  Luckily though I've erased them
all.

I'm surprised that Eric with his poet's sensitivity to language doesn't realize
just how cartoonish he makes many of his posts when he restorts to calling
terrorists "monsters", "thugs," "goons", etc.  The word "terrorist" apparently
has no 'bad guy' cachet with Eric.  I'm not surprised really, not with that
clown Dubya saying through his smirk:  "Heh, thair terrorist, doncha getit?
Thair the bad guys, thair eavil."  Uh oh, there I go with one of my cartoons.
Ah, well, Eric, shouldn't do that if he wants to be taken seriously.

I'm surprised that Omar with his experience of so many difference cultures
isn't more adept at handling Eric's cultural biases.  Could it be because of
Omar's own cultural biases?  Who knows?  The Green Shadow, but who else?
Anyway, give it a break, guys.  We're all as stupid as Andy accuses us of
being, but oh so much more fun than she has ever imagined.

Mike Geary
Memphis