[lit-ideas] Re: Wu wei

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:07:20 -0500

That's Lao-Tzu. Now his contemporary, Low-Tsu, author of the Great Angry
Tao, wrote:

Brittle and angry is best. Frozen branches snap right off and do not
wait to melt.

-and-

When Dow is present in the universe, trees make sounds and are sold as
toothpicks. When Dow is absent from the universe, the Jade Emperor can
give a guy a break.

_____

 >THOUGHT OF THE DAY--I am also going to try an experiment and see if
this is
 >>true:
 >>Who is it that can make muddy water clear? No one. But left to stand,  it
 >>will gradually clear of itself.
 >>
 >>Lao-Tzu
 >>Tao Te Ching

OBVIOUSLY Lao-Tzu had never heard of flocculating agents.
staying wonderfully OFF topi