[lit-ideas] Re: Wry?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:18:37 -0700

on 10/3/04 11:18 AM, Andreas Ramos at andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Americans failed to see any humor in Danish movies because there were no
> farts, no semen
> jokes, and absolutely nothing about the pointless killing of small animals.
>
> That's also why many here fail to see the humor in Fichte.
>
> Americans like their humor very direct. That's why they love that little
> rascal, W Bush.

Um, Paul Stone objected from Ontario and as for me...I was brought up on the
story of how Robert the Bruce shared a cave with a spider who, not having
read the web manual, was having difficulty making the standard spider trap.
Time and again it tried.  Time and again it failed.  But finally it managed
to make a web.  Robert the Bruce then spiked it on his dirk and made of it a
small carnivore s'more.

Foreign enough for you?

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon