[lit-ideas] Re: Women in Iraq/gaoled students in Iraq (fwd)

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:53:23 -0800

I suppose the thought is that some level of support is better than none, but I wonder if ever in history there has been an example of a government changing policy in response to a petition. Surely, if people keep the rhetorical form, it must have had some success. And yet I can't think of any. Maybe Amnesty keeps a tally?

And above the petition, an ad by Google, "Date Sexy Arab Girls"...!

What a world.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon

On Dec 11, 2007, at 8:44 AM, Judith Evans wrote:

Dear friends

PLease click on this link to sign our petition in
support and for immideate release of  jailed students
in Iran:

http://www.petitiononline.com/101207/petition.html

Also please publisize it widely and send it to your
contact......

Thank you so much in  advance

Best Wishes

Houzan Mahmoud

Representative Abroad of Organisation of Women's
Freedom in Iraq
www.equalityiniraq.com
http://houzanmahmoud.blogspot.com/

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK