[lit-ideas] Witters, Lieder aus mein Heimat

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:28:21 -0500 (EST)

R. Paul:

"the Tractatus itself.
It could have been titled Lieder  aus mein Heimat, without that's
changing what he does in it."

This  reminds me of Alice and the White Knight. Below. Cheers

Speranza

--

Adapted.
'It's long book,' said Witters to Alice, 'but it's very, very  beautiful.

'No, you don't understand,' Witters said, looking a little vexed.
'That's what the name is called. The name really is "Tractatus
Logico-Philosophicus".'
'Then I ought to have said "That's what the  book is called"?' Alice
corrected herself.

'No, you oughtn't: that's quite another thing! The book is called
"Logisch-Philosophische Abhandlung": but that's only what it's called, you
know!'

'Well, what is the book, then?' said Alice, who was by this time
completely bewildered.
'I was coming to that,' the Knight said.  'The book really is "Lieder as
mein Heimant": and the tune's my own  invention.'

('But the tune isn't his own invention,' she said to herself: 'it's "I give
 thee all, I can no more".' She stood and listened very attentively, but no
tears  came into her eyes.)