[lit-ideas] Wipe that schmuck off your face.

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LIT-IDEAS" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:55:58 -0500

Having re-read my Sunday Poem, I see it's possible that some might think I
am calling Robert Paul a schmuck -- that is, an annoyingly stupid or foolish
person.  Let me assure any of you who might be thinking so that nothing
could be further from the truth.  I'm calling all human beings schmucks.
True, Robert Paul is a human being, and, OK, yes, as such, I guess I am
calling him a schmuck, but so what, so are we all.  He's in damn good
company -- mine own, especially.  Schmucks all, we who think we're masters
over brute matter.

Just setting the record straight.

Mike Geary
schmuck