[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:21:32 -0500

Far from defensive, it's offensive on ourselves.

You miss the point. Or maybe you just read too much into what I've written.

The point is that if we wish to fight terrorism, it's a defensive war, no matter how we prosecute that war.

The only other alternative is to do nothing and allow the terrorists to hit us again and again while not responding in any way.

Obviously I don't consider surrender an option. Do you? Are you ready to become a Muslim and adopt sharia law?

So (1) respond, (2) don't respond, and (3) surrender. Which do you choose? What's your solution other than telling everyone how bad things are?