[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:52:20 -0800

How do you know these are real images from real situations and not doctored
or "produced" photos for a political cause?  Or for money or sensationalism
or whatever.

It's so far-fetched I have a hard time believing it's real.

The pixs are real. The military first tried to get the site to remove them, but there was no legal way to do that, and it would only cause more publicity.

I've read in a number of places that the soldiers have their own internal websites where they post these pixs and share them with each other. It's war-porn. Soldiers have always done this (sharing gruesome memorabilia). The web only makes it easier.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com