[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:44:03 -0500

In
> other words, the violence was not submerged but institutionalized.

Unless it's being done with consent, in order to institutionalize
inequality one must necessarily submerge the other side or sides.  Few are
willingly submerged.  When American institutionalization of white supremacy
was the rule, the blacks were submerged.  Once they were allowed to come up
for air, the rage wasn't far behind.  Not so different in Iraq.  Americans
are as capable of violence as any anyone anywhere.  We've proven it many
times over.

Andy Amago