[lit-ideas] Re: Why us?

  • From: "William Ball" <ballnw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:37:16 -0400

Veronica says:

"Muslims know the history of Western conquests.  They know that first
comes the army followed by the missionaries. "

I say respectfully, Veronica, I know, but did they come with car bombs
and bullets? Meant for men, women and children?  Were they attending a
conference in Scotland at the same time planning to alleviate the
suffering of a whole continent, much of whom were people of the same
group who would kill them if they had the chance? Is Mother Theresa and
her group one of those awful missionaries we're discussing?

I know an invasion is an invasion, and that the gang of Conquistadors
and all such like ilk, come not to aid in the recounting the Sermon on
the Mount, or Aristotle's Ethics, or Confucius' Analects, but rather for
plunder.

 I know, I know, it's for the oil. But most of the oil is being paid for
at over $60 a barrel last I heard.

But then I am quibbling, I suppose.

Ready to ship out somewhere beyond this mess,

Regards,

Bill Ball