[lit-ideas] Re: Why us?

  • From: Eric Yost <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:04:52 -0400

MC, on Muslim opinion: What do "we" do, in the eyes of many Muslims? Why, we wage a full-scale war against Islam.

Eric: Mike, does the Muslim world realize that if the West were to wage a "full-scale war against Islam," they would all be dead?

Surely they know that we could destroy every mosque, sacred site, and Muslim. It's a technically possible apocalypse.

Surely the "Muslim world" realizes what "full-scale" means? Surely they understand that if a Western equivalent of Hitler were to declare a final solution against Muslims, their world would end? Mecca, for example, would be radioactive glass that couldn't be approached for 50,000 years. (No Haj for them.)

I don't object to the perspective of your post, your attempt to present the views of those suffering under the regimes created by petroleum economies everywhere. I am merely quibbling over "full-scale." Do they really think this is the Western equivalent of "full-scale"?

Eric