[lit-ideas] Re: Why us?

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:57:30 -0400

<It stated that the Muslim extremists do not hate us because
of what we are or do, they hate us for what we are not, or don't do,
that is, we are not Moslems. Is that the epitome of prejudice, or
intolerance, or whatever?>  William Ball

They might hate us for these reasons but that doesn't necessarily mean that
they bomb us for these reasons.  Their stated reason, from bin Laden and
others, is that they want 'Christian Crusaders' out of Muslim lands.  That
would be Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc. This is not restricted to
terrorists.  Think about the glee and dancing in the streets on 9/11 in
many Muslim countries.  I think about what Americans would do if Canadians
started coming over the border with tanks, guns, bombs, etc., and our two
countries are much more alike in the make up of their populations.  Of
course, we would have snipers, suicide bombers, etc.

Muslims know the history of Western conquests.  They know that first comes
the army followed by the missionaries.

Veronica