[lit-ideas] Re: Why are the greatest composers all German?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:06:17 -0500

I haven't read the article you reference, I opened it and shut it. I don't have time to read that nonsense. And it is nonsense. Vivaldi, Verdi, Puccini and Rossini weren't German. Nor was Caltalani, nor Donizetti, nor Scarletti, nor Palestrina, nor Giordano, nor Raspighi. Sibelius wasn't German, nor was Greig, nor Berlioz, nor Bizet, nor Debussy, nor Boulet, nor Ravel, nor Gounod, nor Saint-Saens, Tchaikovsky wasn't German, nor was Aurensky, not Shostakovich, not Scriaben, not Rimsky-Korsakoff, not Rachmaninoff, Chopin wasn't German, nor was Paderewsky, Liszt wasn't German, nor was Dvorak and not Rosetti, nor Smetana, nor Weber, nor Bartok, not Paganinni, not Borodin either, scratch Glinka off the German list as well as Prokofieff and Mussorgsky and Medtner and Stravinsky and nix dat Elgar.

Why didn't your man ask were are all the German composers of Indian music or Chinese music or Hip Hop? Why no German composers of Raggae? Why no Inuit Bob Dylans? Why no female Michael Jackson? Wait, I think I might know one come to think of it. But you get the idea.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>