[lit-ideas] Re: Why Travel to France

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:54:56 -0800

Thanks for the suggestions on silence. I still hope to say something in response to John Mc Creery's question about modernism and the colonial states, but there may not be time.

Finishing up some work for a talk, I was looking for a website that had scanned images of WW1 memorial books. If you come across one, please let me know. Meanwhile, I found this:

http://www.whytraveltofrance.com/2008/07/24/french-couple-fined-for- sex-video-at-the-wwi-memorial-in-vimy/

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon