[lit-ideas] Re: Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an Kalamazoo

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:08:51 -0230

Odd: There would seem to be a positive correlation between being a highly cited
author and being a relatively unread author. I would not deny the possibilty of
a causal connection here, though I wouldn't bet my Volvo on the direction of
causality.

Having profitlessly read some Bourdieu and having never cited him;
having studied with Foucault profitably and having never cited him;
having met a Mafioso version of Jack Derrida who made me an offer I could not
understand ... and could not accept it.

Walter O
MUN

P.S. On practices: A. MacIntyre is essential reading. (Although he's a kind of
Thomist of late, not a Kantian.:)