[lit-ideas] Re: Who won, or lost, the Cold War

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:16:29 -0500

We've picked up the mantle of the old USSR.  Roll in with our tanks, point
our guns, demand democracy whether they like it or not.  We're no better
than anybody.  If anything, invading Iraq has given Putin credibility in
dealing with Chechnya militarily.  We like to think ourselves superior, but
the facts just are not there.