[lit-ideas] Re: Who in 2008?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 10:12:17 -0700

on 5/7/05 8:08 AM, Mike Geary at atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'll run with Hillary as long as it's understood that I'm just arm candy for
> the Party.  I won't work.
>
> Mike Geary
> Memphis

I think people are guilty here of rushing in without consulting consultants.
Surely we should find out how the name Mike Geary plays in the ears of Red
State voters?  Is it too close to that of Hillary, setting off possible
inexpressible fears?  Would a Lyle, for example, play better?  Would folk
love that?

Seizing the market niche--can niches *be* seized?-- I am today publishing an
advice book on naming political candidates, "Beyond Dick and George."

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon