[lit-ideas] Re: Whisky a la...

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:31:28 -0230

Non-universalizeable maxim #1:

*I shall mix single malt with chicken entrails.*

This maxim displays all the features of moral impermissibility, according to
Kant's mature moral theory: self-contradiction, illegitimate self-exemption, 3
ways of contradicting PERP (Principle of Equal Respect for Persons) - if you
don't know what they are, just ask - and, finally, no rational legislator or
drinker could legislate the maxim as a universal law.

A rule of prudence and taste: Never, ever, put ice into a single malt scotch.
Rid yourself of the prejudices acquired from watching Hollywood movies. Should
ice be added, it is entailed that halfway through your drink, you might as well
be drinking bourbon.

Water is essential to a dram of scotch. If you want to know how much water to
put into a dram of the good stuff, just ask. But ice cubes .... oy!.

Walter O.
Director of Libationary Epistemology,
Oban Distilleries
Scotland, UK