[lit-ideas] Re: Where is Where and What is Actually Happening?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:27:08 -0700

David Ritchie wrote

> The BBC website currently has a piece about a break-in at an Apple store in Temecula, California.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19595853
The host says that the crime took place "in Los Angeles."  This is equivalent, for those
of you oriented to U.K. geography, of saying that something that happened in Southampton took place
"in London."  Temecula is 84 miles from downtown L.A.

You're from Portland? You probably know my sister, in Seattle.

Yrs.

Marius Mercator