[lit-ideas] Re: Where did they go?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 01:05:19 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ritchie" <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:47 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Where did they go?

And Bev Hogue and Rene Morel

Bev and Rene, yes! Have they surrendered cyberspace to male mentation? Why aren't they here fighting? As to Speranza -- I'm afraid that's a hopeless cause. He's too much involved with the Yale crowd to grace our presence with any argumentation. Well, more power to him, I say. I wouldn't talk to any of you people either if I lived within ten miles of Yale. Harvard's different. I'm not sure how. Just different. Like a poor man's Yale, I guess, except that it costs about the same. God has his reasons in making these distinctions. And I'm not one to second guess God, even though I don't believe in him -- well not in the scenerios I've been shown so far -- there have been some god notions that I stongly disagreed with and some I thought were evidenced only by angels of consensus, but agree or disgree, it's been the encounter of ideas that I've cherished.

Mike Geary
Memphis

0

and Speranza and the Australian fellow,
I can't believe his name has slipped my grasp, and Marcel Proust and Robert Graves (I'll always remember his long post about the Welch Fusiliers) and...

David Ritchie,
recherching temps perdus in
Portland, Oregon

On Sep 4, 2007, at 6:47 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

And Alex Trifan, and long lost David Savory and Mike Chase and Brian Whatshisname (the conservative), and Larry Kramer : ) and Mirembe and Stan Speigel and Steve Chilson and Teemu (who seems to only chimes in officially), and Bill Ball and others all the others I've enjoyed over the years whose names escape me at the moment. And why are there so few women here? Do women find us boring? Surely not. I guess they just have more important things to do.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>