[lit-ideas] Re: Where There's a Will There's a Won't

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:10:50 -0700

From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

War will NOT happen. Consider our troop levels.
(...)
So relax. We're not going to wage conventional war in Iran.

Nearly every time Eric talks about the military, he's wrong.

And here, again, he makes a mistake. He assumes a war with Iran will be a conventional, mechanized land war, and thus assures us that we don't have the troops and he then blames Clinton.

The Bushies don't like land wars. Rumsfeld thinks the US military should be stripped down to just a few thousand special forces, combined with air support. He doesn't need US generals, and indeed, doesn't like US generals. He talks about lining up the generals in the Pentagon and shooting a few hundred of them.

The attack on Afghanistan that toppled the Taliban was done with some 260 US Special Forces. That's all.

So, yes, the Bushies could indeed attack Iran with cruise missiles, special
forces, etc.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com