[lit-ideas] Re: Where There's a Will There's a Way (PunIntended)

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 23:09:57 -0400

Ah, now we know where you get your information.  You might try reading my
posts, since I summarize Ricks, Galbraith and the others if you don't want
to read the books.  Or, better yet, read them directly yourself.

> Also, if you want to learn more about the topics you so
> alarmed about, try google searching "modular regiment."

Will that tell me why Rumsfeld went to a needless war with the army he had
instead of the army he wanted to have, and then lost with the army he had
instead of the army he wanted to have?  Something tells me that's not what
I'll find there.

> We can leave it there for the time being.

A draft will be almost impossible to implement politically.  WWII was
fought with passion.  This is not a popular war, even among soldiers.  If
they got a draft, I'll bet Canada's population would go up again.