[lit-ideas] Re: When a civilized society fights a barbarous one

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:10:57 -0400

Eric, we killed three million people in Vietnam by carpet bombing them and
napalming them.  And I seem to remember fighting a war for the right to
hold slaves inside the U.S. itself.  Also, we dropped over 1.5 million
pounds of bombs on Iraq.  That's a lot of bombs.  If we could subdue them
we would.  We simply can't, that's all.