[lit-ideas] Re: When Water Wasn't Wet

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 22:07:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/2009 6:10:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Odd that since oil is also wet we   don't call it 'water'.
I agree, yes, one should at least be able to call oil  "dark, slippery
water".

As J. Evans was criticising the hearing software:

         fleshlight

--- etc.

It's interesting than in erotic fiction (see "Erotic Fiction"), watersports
 does _not_ mean 'wet wet' water.

It is interesting to analyse each 'wet' in terms of genus and differentia
specifica.

'wet' should indeed be restricted to _water-wet_.
pee-wet ("He wets his bed") is a different matter.
Etc.

J. L. Speranza
   Buenos Aires, Argentina

Steps!