[lit-ideas] Re: When Water Wasn't Wet

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:10:32 -0500

JL:
The pig  thing we discussed before, and I quoted from  Huxley,

"No wonder them's called  pigs -- they're so dirty".

So either my daughter at 8 years old was reading Huxley or was as bright as he. I misjudged her. : )

Odd that since oil is also wet we  don't call it 'water'.

I agree, yes, one should at least be able to call oil "dark, slippery water". But oil is much more efficient syllable-wise. But then, if one is going the efficiency route, why not call water "wet" and be done with it. Oil, then could "dark slippery wet" or "slippery wet" or most efficiently "dark wet".

It's been very wet here sweat-wise -- "hot stinky wet" we call it.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx>