[lit-ideas] Re: What's wrong with this sentence?

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:09:27 +0900

Not so lit-rary. But, after chorus practice last night, I caught up with
Ruth and some old friends at a jazz house in Tokyo named "B-flat." Caught
most of the last set by Ping Bongo <http://www.dairo-pb.com>. The five crazy
guys in the original band have now been joined by a young, female
singer/saxophone player, stage name "Sally"— long legs, black slinky dress
and a Red Army cap tilted at what struck me as a Marlene Dietrich angle. The
dress and the jewelry worn with it would have been plain fashion-addict. The
Red Army cap took the costume to a different dimension, right in tune with
the happy insanity that the men in the band project.

John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN