[lit-ideas] Re: What's THIS ?!?

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:21:42 -0500

I only have one place where copyright laws really annoy me.  I, too, play
the piano (and violin), and there are times when I want to practice a long
piece of music (a Mozart Sonata, e.g.), without a page turn, before I have
opportunity to commit it to memory.  The local xerox places will not copy
so much as one page out of a book copyrighted as far back as ...
well....forever.... for me.  Illogically, but fortunately for me (I can't
afford 3 books of Mozart Sonatas when I paid a fair amount of money for the
one I own), they'll provide a xerox machine for me and allow me to copy
that page myself.  <insert multiple epithets here>

Julie Krueger