[lit-ideas] Re: Whatever Happened to Hunter Thompson?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:09:42 -0700

on 5/25/04 7:50 PM, Mike Geary at atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Except for "No offal on offer" -- that was pretty awful.  I thoroughly
> appreciate and sympathize with Ritchie's need to find some clever tie-in --
> it's there, you know it is.  Ferreting it out is the problem.  I've sold my
> soul many times in such bargains with the devil, almost always I've found
> that I've been sold road kill and that no amount of sauce will hide the
> tired tracks.

When you say, "Orphan," do you mean child without parents, or frequently?
And do you say child without parents frequently, that is do you say orphan
often?

You, me, Gilbert and Sullivan all agree.  Piratical offal is awful.  It
disnae wurk (reference to an old joke about why they didn't build Disneyland
in Glasgow).

Meanwhile we all blame Taine for chauvinism, and claim it's all according to
Cocker.

(If that doesn't set JLS off, I'm a nightingale, and I've hid the palladium
in my own back yard).

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon