[lit-ideas] Re: What the Hizbullah says

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:33:06 +0100

"We know that Hezbollah invaded Israel to kidnap two soldiers.  We also know
that they fired rockets into Israel before it responded, but the
brain-scrambling analysis is that Israel's response is far worse than the
Hezbollah attack."

I love the play with words here. Hezbollah 'invaded' Israel. What with a squad.
Meanwhile, Israel is making surgical raids into Lebanon. What with a division
or two.

And the thought that Israel's response is either on a par with, or less than,
Hezbollah's is stunning. On current figures, Israel has suffered around 40
fatalities from Hezbollah's rockets. Meanwhile Lebanon (the country not
Hezbollah forces) have recored fatalities in excess of 400, not to mention the
loss in infrastructure.

Tell me Lawrence, is one Lebanese worth less than a tenth of one Israeli?

Simon