[lit-ideas] Re: What is the Purpose of a Pay Slip?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:35:42 -0500

DR:
>>I'm just wondering what liberals believe holds a nation together.<<

Duct tape would be my first guess.  Second to that, I wouldn't venture anything
so noble as "shared justice" not in the South anyway.  Maybe something more
along the lines of a degree of familiarity such that each understands the
behavioral cues of the others.  It's when one doesn't know how to interpret a
behavior -- language or action -- that one feels alien and threatened and
vaguely Memphianic.

Just try to disagree with that.
Mike Geary
Mozambique