[lit-ideas] Re: What Phil and Ursula said

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:49:44 +0000 (GMT)

--- Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JMcC> > What do you mean by "mean"? If it's not too
mean
> to ask?

> Blaming the victim, not even trying to see my point
> of view, that it was
> the only way out of the situation.

That's perhaps because it wasn't the only way out.

 Having said
> that, I *do* see the hurt I
> inflicted, and I can't tell you how deeply I regret
> it.

Well "hurt" varies.  It isn't like losing a friend or
family member of lover -- or like being cheated on by
a lover.  I was more annoyed than anything else.  But
there's something in Eric's invoking of what Ursula
said: this list is a bit like a community,  it seems,
anyway, somehow "safer" than the big WWW out there...,
more secure than most newsgroups.

Judy Evans
Cardiff

Yahoo! Exclusive Xmas Game, help Santa with his celebrity party -
http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/