[lit-ideas] Re: What Did You Do When America Was Attacked?

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:41:10 -0600

Simply put, I meant you attacked the person rather than the argument.

Your criticism goes like this:

Hewitt did not serve
Hewitt wants others to serve
Hewitt is a hypocrite for not serving but wanting others to

This is along the same lines that the pro-abortion crowd uses when saying that if you oppose abortion don't have one and also the position that if you are a man you have no right to speak about abortion. It is not a refutation of an argument but a personal attack.

Of course your whole post wasn't made up of this but I'm tired of the subject already.

~Brian

On Dec 20, 2006, at 9:46 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

So, pray tell, what did you mean when you wrote: "Hewitt's position is no more negated by his lack of service than those that said to abolitionists 'don't like slavery? Don't own one.'" ?