[lit-ideas] Re: What Clinton thinks about Bush's borrow and spend

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:55:32 -0700

What, by the way, is sinister about chickens coming home to roost? What could be more comforting than knowing that you'll have eggs in the morning?

To continue the theme of the generous ear, there's this, from the Apple website (Dandi is the nickname of someone called Dent de Lion du Midi...really...he's a Swiss photographer who takes pictures of golf):

Dandi Light and Magic
The perfect storm of a content-hungry HD market, sophisticated Apple tools and the zooming popularity of golf puts Dandi (who is, like Clark and Burdon, a passionate golfer) right where he wants to be: at the intersection of sport, art and technology.

But as ever, if you're looking for tin, the Sports section is the place to be.

"I left my guts on the field; I left my heart out there," Rodriguez said. "So I'm not going to hang my head."

David Ritchie Portland, Oregon