[lit-ideas] Re: Wednesday Poem

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:07:34 -0700

Haywood Craven
Vice Preside Customer Relations
Febrile North America

Dear Craven,

Your papyrus has been forwarded to this office by Hellenic Solutions GmbH. Hellenic Solutions is a division of ThalesCorp.

In order to serve you better, we ask that you fill out our 'Orpheus' form by answering a few 'personal' but simple questions.

(1) How did you hear of our company?

a. Divine revelation (excluding the Pythia at Delphi) ___
b. The Philosophical Gourmet ___
c. The Tunbridge Wells Privateer-Gazette ___
d. A friend ___
e. Rumor (excluding Cassandra) ___
f. Other ___

(2) What is your favorite color?

a. Dark wine ___
b. Purple ___
c. Deep bronze ___
d. Laurium Silver ___
e. Other ___
f. They all look alike ___

(3) What best describes your reason for writing to us?

a. A deep, lifelong interest in the origins of the Kosmos ___
b. I wasn't getting any younger ___
c. Personal problems of a confidential nature ___
d. I like to get to the bottom of things ___
e. I lost a bet with my girlfriend ___
f. Sparta sucks ___

(4) Some have said that a little learning is a dangerous thing.

agree ___ disagree ___ not sure ___

(5) If you could become directly acquinted with the Forms by taking a pill, would you take it?

yes ___ no ___ not sure ___

(6) The Sicilian Expedition was a big mistake.

agree ___ disagree ___ not sure ___

7. Which best describes your knowledge of mathematics?

expert ___ sharpshooter ___ marksman ___

8. Would you be prepared to relocate outside Attica?

yes ___ no ___ not sure ___

9. Which of the following have you heard of? (Circle all that apply.)

Madonna
The Kennelly-Heaviside Layer
toast
bimetallism
Ruggers
The Flemish School
Mr. Toad
spark plugs
Tums
shrapnel
The National Trust
The Fab Four
Weltschmerz
Presbyterians
Fritz, das Wunderhund
tapioca

10. Is there anything more we should know about you?

yes ___ no ___ not sure ___

Thank you, Craven! After we receive your completed form you may expect to hear back from us some time during the next Olympiad.

Yours faithfully,

Cleanthes

Academy
South Athens