[lit-ideas] Re: Was Wittgenstein right?

  • From: adriano paolo shaul gershom palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:01:27 +0200

Probably herr Wittgenstein would huff and puff, claiming the question is
misguided (it is the sign of a decaying mind that wanted to know whether x
was right or p was true.)
Omar Kusturica individuates the core problem, it virtually impossible to
see what to be wrong or right 'about', as it were
dr. Hoprwich has the line that the Wittgenstein's real view is an
antirealist/skeptical one according to which the question either has no
answer at all (like asking whether the number 8 is purple or zebra striped)
or the answer is by itself not answerable (things like completeness of 1st
order number theory with Peano axioms)

--
palma,  e TheKwini, KZN

*יד*  וַיַּעַן עָמוֹס, וַיֹּאמֶר אֶל-אֲמַצְיָה, לֹא-נָבִיא אָנֹכִי, וְלֹא
בֶן-נָבִיא אָנֹכִי:  כִּי-בוֹקֵר אָנֹכִי, וּבוֹלֵס שִׁקְמִים.

 palma

University of KwaZulu-Natal

Howard College Campus, philosophy department

Durban 4041 South Africa

Tel off: [+27] 03 12 60 15 91 Fax [+27] 03 12 60 30 31

admn Y. Hordyk : [+27] 03 12 60 22 92

mobile 07 62 36 23 91 from abroad +[27] 76 23 62 391

EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx

palma's office 280 (3rd flr of Mtb)

from 2o13\o1  p212 on cognition p308 on rigidity p102 intrPHIL

 - check venues&schedule at administrator office  TBA

 *only when in Europe*:

inst. J. Nicod

29 rue d'Ulm

f-75005 paris france