[lit-ideas] Re: Was Wittgenstein right?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 01:11:01 +0000 (GMT)

________________________________
 From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>

>I ran across this today. I don't subscribe to the NYT just now but saw a link
>to it on another site. Its from a blog

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/was-wittgenstein-right/

There have been 522 comments on it, 495 by JL, and the rest by Donal.>

That would make 27 comments by me, which strikes me as a tad excessive. More
likely JL is simulating me.

That aside, isn't this the same article as of almost two weeks ago:

>On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:21 AM, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

This comes a little late in an unfinished discussion, and its author
yields several times to his own craving for generality, but
nevertheless...

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/was-wittgenstein-right/

Robert Paul,
thinking how easy it must be to get published in the NY Times.>

In which case might we conclude that Robert, like most of us, runs across the
same thing from time to time.

Donal
Frequent experiencer of deja lu
(Who would wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day except this year we gave it
all away early to Italy in the rugby)