[lit-ideas] Was Wittgenstein right?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:54:07 -0700

I ran across this today. I don't subscribe to the NYT just now but saw a link to it on another site. Its from a blog

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/was-wittgenstein-right/

There have been 522 comments on it, 495 by JL, and the rest by Donal.

The article is from 'The Stone,' which seems to be a subset of the 'Opinionator.'

'The Stone features the writing of contemporary philosophers on issues both timely and timeless. The series moderator is Simon Critchley. He teaches philosophy at The New School for Social Research in New York. To contact the editors of The Stone, send an e-mail to opinionator@xxxxxxxxxxx. Please include "The Stone" in the subject field.'

I offer no opinion on the question posed above.

Robert Paul