[lit-ideas] Re: War and Panic

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:44:12 -0800

EY> However if you want to refute Hanson, start naming lasting
EY> periods of peace in world history that resulted from indecisive
EY> wars. Do that and his whole thesis crumbles.

The Cold War. That was completely indecisive. And we have peace now in Western Eurasia.

"Conclusive wars" don't create peace. Peace is properity and opportunity, not a slaughterhouse.

It is absurd to use the word peace to describe a situation where one side destroys the other.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com