[lit-ideas] Voila La Differance!

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:07:20 EDT

I was checking if the OED recognises Derrida's (I think) coinage,
"differance". Apparently, it does not. There are a couple (of) quotes by
Derrida, but
none on the 'differance'. Matter of fact, under 'difference', the  OED notes a
variant spelling, 'differance', but fails to give a quote for  it.

Cheers,

JL

-----

_Differance_
(http://www.cyberartsweb.org/cpace/theory/maslin/Differance_750.html)
... Hence,  differance. When spoken in French, differance sounds no different
 than
difference, a clever subtilty that, again, is lost in the  translation. ...
www.cyberartsweb.org/cpace/  theory/maslin/Differance_750.html - 2k -
_Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:VS7-T7eZI2MJ:www.cyberartsweb.org/cpace/theory/maslin/Differance_750.html+"difference"+"differance"&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)

- _Similar pages_